Click Here to Sign Up for CES Action Alert' Email Mailing List
Become a CES Member!
514 Shatto Place
Los Angeles, California
Like Us on Facebook
Follow CES On Twitter
CES Is Also on MySpace
Subscribe To Our RSS Feed
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Identifying, developing and supporting tenant leaders, including:
A. Training leaders in skills such as meeting facilitation, speech writing and negotiating with owners, management companies and government officials.
B. Helping leaders learn how to choose winnable goals, and how to strategize and implement campaigns to win concrete victories.
C. Providing day-to-day strategic advice and basic administrative support including typing, research and writing.
· Organizing and supporting tenant associations, including:
A. Door-to-door canvassing, leafleting and speaking at outreach meetings.
B. Organizing initial building meetings and ongoing tenant association meetings.
C. Preparing meeting notices, agendas, educational materials and news releases.
· Training tenant leaders and their members HUD regulations and laws, including:
A. Helping to design trainings and training materials.
B. Presenting formal training workshops.
C. Arranging for outside speakers and trainers.
1) MUST have the ability to communicate in Spanish or Korean.
2) Good writing, speaking and research skills.
3) A valid driver's license, insurance and a dependable car is a must.
4) Ability to work evenings and weekends. On some occasions work will require irregular and long hours.
1) Experience in building tenant, community or labor organizations.
2) Experience in community activism.
3) Working knowledge of word processing and basic computer graphics.
4) Knowledge of landlord/tenant law and housing issues and financing.
SALARY AND BENEFITS